Find a Product
- Man had 12-hour erection after smoking weed
- Faster access to cannabis medicines in UK
- Remarkable transformation of seriously ill boy after he’s treated with cannabis oil
- I Tried Pumpkin Spice CBD Oil to Treat My Chronic Pain—Here’s What Happened
- Cirque du Soleil founder detained for growing cannabis on private island
Patients needing cannabis-based medicines should no longer face long delays in accessing their prescriptions, says the government.
Changes to importing restrictions mean UK companies can now order and hold more stocks from abroad.
That should make the treatments available to patients in days, rather than months.
The changes will help people with conditions such as rare, serious forms of epilepsy or multiple sclerosis.
Health Secretary Matt Hancock said the move was a “tremendous step forward”, but that there was still “a long way to go” to improving access.
Most cannabis-based medicines are imported from abroad rather than made in the UK.
Previously, only the amounts required for individual prescriptions could be imported, with no bulk ordering or holding of supplies.
Medical cannabis is a broad term used by doctors to describe treatments – such as oral tablets and sprays – that have some similar ingredients to recreational cannabis, but will not get you high.
These products are made by pharmaceutical companies under the same strict control as other medications. That means you have to get them on prescription.
Some cannabis-based medicines – Epidyolex for epilepsy, Sativex for multiple sclerosis and Nabilone to help with chemotherapy-related nausea – have been approved for use by the NHS.
Other products that might claim to be medical cannabis, such as “CBD oil” or hemp oil, are available to buy legally as food supplements from health stores.
But there is no guarantee these are of good quality or provide any health benefits.
You should speak to your doctor before taking any new medication.
Campaigners welcomed the announcement, but said that more needed to be done to overcome “unnecessary impediments” for patients in need of treatment.
Jonathan Blades, head of campaigns and external relations at the MS Society, said a large number of patients were being forced to turn to illegal, often unsafe, forms of cannabis to treat their symptoms.
It has been more than a year since rules were relaxed to allow some cannabis-based medicines to be prescribed to UK patients by specialist doctors.
Yet access to these treatments remains uncertain.
Part of the difficulty is that some of the medicines do not have a licence.
And guidelines for prescribing doctors say the treatments should only be offered when there is clear evidence of their benefit and other options have been exhausted.
Few of the unlicensed prescriptions have been made on the NHS.
Recreational use of cannabis remains illegal.
Mr Hancock said: “We need more research into the quality and safety of these medicines, and to do all we can to cut down the costs and remove barriers so that, when appropriate, patients can access it, including on the NHS.”
Written by admin1
Top rated products
Buy High THC Cannabis Soft Gels UK
Rated 5.00 out of 5£85.00
Buy Rick Simpson Oil UK
Rated 4.83 out of 5£50.00
- Girl Scout Cookies Weed Strain £7.30
- Sweet Leaf UK C-Liquid 30ml £18.00
- Grand Daddy Purple Strain £8.00
- Meladol UK CBD (Cibdol) 30ml £19.00
- Buy Colombian Gold BHO Wax UK £26.00
- Pie Face Weed Strain UK £8.60
- Cinderella 99 Marijuana Strain UK £8.00
- Girl Scout Cookie Wax Uk £24.00
- Tahoe OG Kush Strain IE £7.50
- Money Maker Strain UK £7.60
- Sour Jack Weed Strain UK £7.80
- White Chocolate Macadamia UK 1000 mg THC £45.00
- CBD Rich Vape Cartridge Care By Design UK £60.00
- Russian Assassin OG (premium – 34.6% THC) UK £280.00
- Dr. Zodiak’s Moonrock Clear 90% THC Cartridge UK £90.00
- Buy Maui Waui Bloom Vape 1g UK £48.00
- Blueberry Live Resin Sauce Cartridge UK £60.00
- Sour Diesel 350 mg Full Spectrum CBD Vape UK £40.00
- Loud + Clear UK Forbidden Fruit Cartridge 500mg £30.00
- Buy Brass Monkey Romulan Crumble UK £25.00
- Camino Wild Berry "Chill" UK Gummies - 100mg £18.00
- Blue Dream Delta 8 THC infused UK Pre Rolls £35.00
- Cured Resin Sugar UK Gelato 41 £22.00